As 2016 draws to a close, I thought it would be nice to recap the year! This way, you don’t have to read all my individual posts; you get the cliff notes version instead ;)
To be honest, this may have been one of the hardest years for me. A handful of negative things that don’t normally happen happened. I guess there’s a first for everything though and with all trials in life, they make us stronger.
- I experienced my very first flat tire! After good ol hubby fixed it, in less than a month, I got another flat tire! What are the odds! I thought I could drive it around the block to the car repair place, but that was a bad idea. I did make it safely there, however the tire was completely shredded!
- Our dryer broke after only a year! Good thing we added on the extended warranty, but it’s still taking 3 weeks to fix and that is an inconvenience!
- Probably the hardest hurdle for us was losing our grandfathers. That’s plural. As if losing one wasn’t enough. Matt lost his Grandpa and just recently, I lost mine – all within the same year. My grandpa was a month shy of his 94th birthday. I miss him every day and there’s many things I wish I had done differently, but I know he is always with me and is now happily reunited with my grandma.
There’s more, but I don’t want to bore you with all this negativity.
Although 2016 has been an emotionally difficult year for me, there were of course many great things that I will never forget!
- We finally sold our condo and was able to pay off our HELOC on the house!
- We welcomed the very first baby into our girlies group!
- My second nephew was born and he is the cutest thing ever!
- We got to share some life changing moments with our dearest friends at the happiest place on earth!
- Enjoyed time with the girlies as we celebrated our first yakudoshi! (Apparently 33 is a bad year for girls so we’re supposed to celebrate to share the bad jujus and make the next year better; fingers crossed that it helps)
2016 sure gave me many ups and downs, but there is much to be thankful for! May the hardships I experienced and endured, make me a stronger, better person. May those who are no longer with us, continue to shine light on our path and watch over us. They are forever in my heart.
I bid adieu to 2016 and look forward to what 2017 has in store for me!
Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year!