I stumbled upon this article from Pinterest, which if you are not on Pinterest, you should definitely join! It is a wonderland of foodie pics with recipes, fitness workouts, memorable quotes, to die for animal faces, DIY crafts, gardening tid bits, wedding ideas for days and so much more! You could literally spend hours and hours and hours on here! Matt actually joined Pinterest first because I kept asking him if he had an account and he assumed I was already a member, but at that time I wasn’t! Come to find out, it has about a 97% women readership. Needless-to-say, he deleted this app from his phone!
On to the article I found, “Don’t Be a Bloated Bride: 10 Foods to Avoid Before the Wedding.”
As we have less than 3 months to go, I decided to get serious and start getting into “wedding shape”, which of course includes working out regularly and monitoring my food intake. According to this article, there are 10 foods that I should try to avoid in order to not be a bloated bride. I wonder how true it is because going over the list, there are a handful that I can easily cut out with no problem, but on the other hand, there are a number of things I would have a hard time giving up, even for 2 weeks!
Easy Peasy – foods I can knock off without a problem:
- artificial sweetener – I don’t even use that stuff to begin with; I’m a black coffee drinker!
- carbonated beverages – my liquids include water and coffee and tea! no problemo
- chewing gum – I rarely chew gum because all I do is pop it and people around me get irritated
- beans – don’t get me wrong, I love beans (see my prior post “What’s good for your heart“), but Matt doesn’t care for them so it won’t be hard not to eat it for 2 weeks
- cruciferous vegetables – I can’t even say “cruciferous” but simply said that relates to broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and the like. I love these foods, but for two weeks I suppose I can give them up and in place just eat other green veggies like spinach!
- salty foods – “I love salt” so I always say, but Matt would disagree. Most times when I eat things I say it is too “flavorful.” So I suppose I won’t have too hard of a time staying below 2,300 mg per day; I just need to remember to stay away from Top Ramen and Cup-o-Noodle!
Not-So Easy Peasy – foods I love and will definitely have withdrawals from if I knock them off:
- junk food – first thing on this list is pizza, which is not a problem for me. However the next two items listed: fries and doughnuts are a bit harder! Fries are my weakness!
- alcohol – after a long day at work, it is always refreshing to cheers with a beer; this would probably be the ultimate test.
- dairy – cheese cheese cheese, I cannot imagine a world without it! Nor can I imagine a world without ice cream! This is a toughy!
- gluten – OMG my sister has gone gluten-free and I can’t stand it! There are so many every day things that include gluten! This is right up there with alcohol – the ultimate test!
I will try my best to adhere to this list of “food to avoid” at least 2 weeks prior to the wedding, but I am forewarning you, I may be a very grumpy bride! None-the-less, a toot free night on my big day, will be well worth it!